Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a dell that tells me this windows\system\c_437.nls file is missing?

it is telling me I must boot from my recovery disk..however I believe my drives are hosed and wont read anything is there anything left I can try or is this computer done for? its about 3 years old and I would like to save it if at all possible as a second computer. Thanks for any ideas!!

I have a dell that tells me this windows\system\c_437.nls file is missing?
Here's how to fix this problem:





1. Boot your computer from your Windows installation CD.


2. Select 'R' for the recovery console and log on as administrator.


3. At the command prompt type the following:





EXPAND -R D:\I386\c_437.nl_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\c_437.nls





(If your CD drive is different than D: or your primary hard


drive/partition is other than C:, substitute the appropriate drive


letters.)





4. Select yes when you're prompted to overwrite the existing file.


5. Reboot the computer.











Depending on the level of file corruption, you may have to repeat this


process for another file. (I've had to repeat the process for


c_1252.nls as well.)





Hope this helps.

bottle palm

No comments:

Post a Comment