Thursday, July 30, 2009

After i switch my computer off, when i switch back on again i lose about 10Mb off my main system C drive?

the whole things a nightmare really - thesystem drive is only 4gig and 3 of that is taken up by win xp so i really notice my dwindling memory - how do i stop it - whats causing it?

After i switch my computer off, when i switch back on again i lose about 10Mb off my main system C drive?
almost everything you do will inevitably use space on your hard drive even browsing the Internet stores temporary files (which you might want to disable); but windows takes up the space it needs and you cant argue with Microsoft. You state that you are losing space on your "main drive", which tells me you probably have other drives, if they are larger you should use one of them as your "main system C drive" which would require a reinstallation of win xp. And if you don't have a larger drive then you should definitely get one, because a 3GB operating system will never operate at max capacity (or even 1/2 capacity) on a 4GB hard drive. I just got a 500GB SATA (SATA means fast) hard drive on frys.com for $139.


No comments:

Post a Comment