Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm lookin for a decent c=sound system for my car but i have no idea about setting them up? ohms? Rms?

Look for this when buying an amp... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0DaPCkzqDMI...





If an amp doesn't have this rating, it may not produce the watts it says it does.





http://spkrbox1.spaces.msn.com/ for real "sound" advice.





Your system won't mean squat without a well designed box to put your subs in. Some manufacturers have recommendations as to dimensions of various types of boxes. It is best to find someone who builds boxes if you go with something other than a sealed box.





You should always match up RMS (Root Mean Square) watts of Subs and amp per channel as well as impedance's(resistances). When a sub has rating of 600 Watts MAX it really has an RMS rating of about 200 Watts RMS. RMS is the nominal wattage your most likely going to get out of it. Remember, a 200 Watts RMS amplifier has more power output than a 200 Watt MAX.








If your amp is rated at 4Ω don't subject it to 2Ω, it will fry.





Here is the formula for subs in parallel:





Z = 1 / (1/sub1 + 1/sub2 + 1/sub3 + ....)





For series, just add them up (sub1 + sub2 + ...).





You can mix and match these equations to get the right impedance required by your amp.





Example 1: Amp is 2 channel and rated at 4Ω, 4 subs @ 4Ω each. If I connect two in parallel and the other two in parallel and connect the two pairs in series, I would have a total impedance(resistance) of 4Ω. So to the amp, it's just one sub.





Example 2: Amp is rated at 1Ω mono, 2 subs @ 4Ω each dual voice coil. If I connect two voice coils in parallel and the other two voice coils in series and connect the two subs in parallel, I would have a total impedance of 1.6Ω. Which would be perfect for a 1Ω stable mono amp.





You should use a capacitor as well.





Recommend for every 500 watts MAX you use a .5 Farad cap


Example: 1000 watts MAX - 1 Farad cap





You will also need what's called a "line level converter" if your stock head unit doesn't have RCA outputs or your amp doesn't have high-level inputs.





Try http://www.soundomain.com/shop you can find some really good deals, and this site is manufacturer certified. VERY IMPORTANT WHEN SHOPPING ON-LINE!!!





If you like I can send you some plans for reference. My plans are for a 4-th order band-pass bass box (A.K.A. bass-reflex) that holds two 12's.





Also included are java calculators you can use to figure parallel and series values given Ω values, tips on box building and types, calculating port diameter and length(if used), calculating box dimensions for types of boxes (sealed, wedge, cylindrical, etc.), materials needed and even how to make a jig for cutting perfect holes for your subs.





Just e-mail me sparky3489@yahoo.com





My system





Blaupunkt TSw1200 subs with a Sony Xplōd XM2200GTX.


My amp is 1200 watts (200 Watts RMS X 2), subs are 600 watts (200 Watts RMS) each, cap is 1.5 Farad





SPL is about 112 db each sub





Total cost(so far) = $410





________________________________





To James R





Do you see the word "competition" ANYWHERE in my post? NO!





I'm just trying to give everyone a look at a TYPICAL sound system without getting too expensive or going deaf.





And if your only hitting 135 with all of that power, I'd see about some help with your box design.


_________________________





To xeroxpoop,





I have helped countless people with thank you letters in my e-mail and requests for more specific information. What I provide is a simple starting point for people wanting to get into car audio.





If you don't like what I post, prove me wrong and I will stop!!

I'm lookin for a decent c=sound system for my car but i have no idea about setting them up? ohms? Rms?
Not to impose but sparky is stupied. I have a 1994 chevy Blazer that is sponsed by MTX. I have 8 12'' 8500 series MTX Subs 4 TA81001 3000 watt amps and I only hit 135 spl So go to a real compitition buddy I have won 67 compitions Never Have I seen two Bull S H I T blankrupt subs even try to enter or even compete at a compotion. Anyways on to your question If you want something that is cost effecant That you could acually take to a compitition then if I were you I would check out MTX 5500 series Subs And an amp that soots them her cheak out my website.www.mtx.com If you want to see me blow away JL audio w7 And Kicker L7 No cheap subs here Visit www.mtx.com/smoked
Reply:sparky, quit posting the same crap to everybody. it's effin ridiculous dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment