Friday, July 31, 2009

I had windows XP on e:\ drive earlier.I formatted it & installed XP in c:\drive.But when system starts,.......

When system starts, it ask which microsoft windows to choose (either on e: drive or c: drive), though i had formatted windows XP on e:drive. How to remove that when system starts.. I want windows to start normally from c: drive without asking me which windows to choose.. PLS HELP..!

I had windows XP on e:\ drive earlier.I formatted it %26amp; installed XP in c:\drive.But when system starts,.......
It sounds like you didn't completely reformat your hard drive and left separate partitions behind. This help site gives instructions and screenshots of what you should see. I selected XP Pro but the steps are the same for XP Home::





http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windows...





In Part 2, the first screenshot shows the option to delete partitions. I suspect you'll see two partitions on your machine; one for C: drive and one for E: drive. You have to highlight first one, follow the prompts to press D then L, and then go back to highlight the remaining partition and press D and L again. When both partitions are deleted you should be able to install XP on the C: drive.





If you don't want to go through the entire reformat/reinstall you might be able to use something called Partition Magic (or a similar software) to remove the E: drive partition leaving just the C: drive. I have no personal experience using partitioning software:





http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/...





http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/...





wwbgd


No comments:

Post a Comment