Monday, May 24, 2010

U.S. Navy Information System Technician A-School C-School?

Hello all you all knowing yahoo people. Guess what I leave for the navy today. I have a school question. After bootcamp I go to A-School. But I just now heard of something called C-school a more advanced school or something like that so I guess my question would be How many of these C-schools am I going to take or what? I wana take as much as possible. I also want my first command to be somewere that I can learn the most about my job.

U.S. Navy Information System Technician A-School C-School?
A School is general training for your rating. C School is more specialized training in a particular area within your rating, or a particular piece of equipment. You should probably get a NEC (Navy Enlisted Classification) when you complete C School. I'm not familiar with the IT rating, so I don't know how many different C Schools there are for IT (we had RM and DP, which combined later to form IT).





Typically, to go to C School, you need to give something to the Navy. If you go right after A School, you will probably be asked to extend for 1 year. You can also get a C School as part of their re-enlistment. Either way, they are not going to give it to you for nothing. They want something for their investment.





And GOOD LUCK to you (or, as you'll hear a lot in the Navy, FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS)! The 6 years I served in the Navy are the best 6 years of my life. Although the military was not what I wanted for a career, I don't regret it at all. Feel free to drop me a message if you want (I don't have email turned off on my profile page).


No comments:

Post a Comment